Your Content Controls let you set and customize select aspects of your Content Hub. To access your Content Controls you will need to go to your Content Hub > then click on Controls in the right hand menu.
Your controls are separated into two parts: Categories and Inputs.
Here you have the option to select all the Categories that your subscribers can select as interests inside of their welcome email. To add a category simply click the down arrow on the right side of the category box > then begin to type in the category you want to add. If the category auto-populates in the drop down box then you can click to add it. If it doesn't then you can type the category out and press enter to add it to the category options. There is a maximum limit of 20 categories you can add for your Subscribers to choose from in your Welcome Email. BUT you can add additional categories on the story level. Check out this article here to learn where to add categories when creating/editing a story.
In this section you have some controls related to your content.
- Show Authors - This lets you control if the authors of the eligible stories can be seen by your subscribers in their newsletters. When toggled off it will make the content look as if it is coming from your organization as a whole, rather than from individuals inside of it. When this is toggled on all content will be shown as authored by the Team Member in your Cerkl. Along with that your Subscribers will have the option to select which authors they would like to follow when going through the Welcome Email.
- Moderation - This is where you can have Cerkl moderate you team members or you can toggle this off and moderate them yourself.
- Auto Generate Categories - If turned on your Cerkl will automatically attempt to add categories to all stories pushed from your sources. Our AI reads the RSS feeds of the articles pushed in from sources and pulls out which categories should be assigned to them. If this is turned off then no categories will be assigned to those stories and your team will have to assign them manually.
- Content Queue Notification Frequency - This notifies you when new content has entered the queue and is waiting to be eligible to be sent out in the next newsletter. You have the options to set your notification frequency to Never, Daily, or Weekly using the drop down menu. This is especially useful to keep you up to date on the articles that are constantly being pushed from your sources.
- Default Expiration Days - This will be the default expiration time in days for all content created in your Content Hub. This is not set in stone as you will still be able to edit the Expiration Dates on all pieces of content, this will just be the date set (and used) if it is not edited. You can use the slider to select the number of days after a piece of content is published that will be Expired or you can set all content to Evergreen as default.
- Share Content Archive Link - This is a link to your Content Archive which you can copy and share by clicking the Get Link button. This is only necessary for private Cerkls’ because a non-subscriber cannot access a Private Cerkls’ Content Archive without this link. If the Cerkl is public then they can access the Content Archive using the normal URL.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to us at
email@example.com or use the chat bot in the bottom right-hand corner of any Cerkl.com page for a quick answer.