Your distribution settings are used to determine who, how and when subscribers will get the story. To access your distribution settings click on the orange gear icon in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Your distribution settings are used to determine:
- Your contents Posting Priority
- If a push notification will be sent to those with the Mobile App
- Targeted Segments your Story will be sent to
- If Subscribers are allowed to comment on the Story
To access them click on the orange gear icon in the top right hand corner of your screen
These determine the priority of your content and where it will live inside of the Newsletter.
- based on audience interests will send the Story appear in the newsletters of subscribers whose preferences categories align with the categories of the story.
- to everyone will send the Story to all of your subscribers in their next newsletter no matter if their preferences align with the stories categories
- to everyone as the first story will send the Story to all of your subscribers and the first story in all of your subscribers’ next newsletter. We only recommend using this option for stories of the utmost importance so your subscribers will have as much personalized content as possible
Please Note: if you select to everyone or to everyone as the first story you will then select how many times the story will be sent to your Subscribers (just once or multiple times). If you select multiple times then you must also select the date in which the Story will stop being pinned in the newsletter. To set the pinned expiration date and time type in the date and time, or using the calendar selector. We recommend selecting just once so your Subscribers don’t feel as if they are being spammed with the same story at the top of each of their newsletters.
Here you have the option to select if a push notification is sent to those with the Cerkl Mobile App downloaded. If turned on you will have the option to set the date and time the push notification will be sent out by either typing in a date and time, or using the calendar selector. This is useful for Subscribers who are on the go and away from their computers a lot. Sending a push notification is also a great way to draw attention to an article that is of the utmost importance.
You can choose which Segments your story goes to even if they do not have interest in any of the categories you have tagged the story with. By selecting a segment by default you provide an interest booth for them. If you choose to use the restrictive segment then only subscribers in this story are eligible to receive this content.
To choose your Segments either type the names into the search bar or use the drop down menu to select them. This is a great way to target segments of your subscribers and ensure they are getting content that is relevant and necessary to them.
Please Note: Selecting Restrict to these Segments will only send the Story to the targeted Segments and not to any other subscribers (even if they have interest the categories tagged to the Story).
By turning comments on you give your Subscribers the ability to comment on your Story in the Content Archive. Think of this as being similar to commenting on a Facebook post!
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat bot in the bottom right-hand corner of any cerkl.com page for a quick answer.