Miscellaneous Sending Controls under Settings > Email Newsletter, will allow you to further customize your account defaults. Please Note: You must press the Save button in the top right-hand corner to save any changes made on this page.
1. Target Audience: Using your Segments, you can add an additional layer of control to who gets your Personalized Digest. When enabled, this option lets you select which of your Segments will receive your Newsletter Content. Please note that in order to receive your Newsletter Content, Audience Members must still have their Opt-In Status set to "Newsletters and Blasts, Newsletters Only" in the Audience Manager.
2. Fallback Subject Line: Custom Fallback Subject Lines are used in the subject lines for Subscribers who have not gone through the personalization process. The Fallback Subject lLine will be sent to ALL Subscribers exactly as it is entered.
3. Auto Adjust Frequency: When toggled on, unengaged Subscribers will receive content at a lower frequency due to their low engagement.
4. Display Percentage Match & Trending: When toggled on, Cerkl Broadcast will display a percent match between the Subscriber and each piece of content they receive. Each percentage is unique to each Subscriber and is Calculated based off of their engagement behavior. Stories that are receiving high engagement from your Subscribers will also be tagged as “Trending” to show Subscribers which pieces of content is popular among your Audience base.
5. Skip National Holidays: When toggled on, Content will not be sent on Nationally recognized holidays. To view all the National Holidays recognized click on the More drop-down arrow. Please Note: This will skip that Send Dat and your Subscribers who were supposed to receive content on the Holiday will not receive content until their next scheduled send date.
6. Minimum Content Required to Send: This is the minimum number of stories that must be eligible to send to your Subscribers in your Content Hub. If the number of stories in your Content Hub is less than your Minimum Content Required to Send then your Content will not be sent. We recommend setting this to 2 or 3 so you will most likely always have enough content to be sent out.
7. Maximum Content to Send: These are the maximum number of stories that can be delivered to your Subscribers on the channels where they view their content. This means that if your Maximum Content to Send is 5, but you have 10 stories in your approved section, that your subscribers will only receive 5 of those.
Check out these two articles to learn more about Setting your Default Newsletter Delivery Time, Frequency and Format, and how to Add Promotions to your Newsletter.
If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or use the chat bot in the bottom right-hand corner of any Cerkl.com page for a quick answer!