So you've had some new subscribers and they have yet to be added to a segment. Not to worry, they've still been receiving your content and through our awesome Cerkl technology, we've still given them a more personalized experience. But if you'd like to make your subscribers more accessible to you, we suggest adding them to a segment.
Just a handful of subscribers
If you only have a few subscribers to add to a new segment, you can manually - and easily - change each subscriber's segment settings.
Remember: you must create your new segment in your settings before adding subscribers to it. Go to Audience > Segments > Create Segments.
Once your new segment has been created, now it's time to include these subscribers in your new segment.
1. Start by heading to Audience > Subscribers to find a list of your subscribers.
2. Then, manually check the box to the left of each subscriber you wish to include in your new segment. 3 buttons will pop up above your list of subscribers that allow you to take action.
3. Choose Update Segments > Add to segments and select the newly created segment name from the drop-down menu.
Notice under the "Segments" Tab, the new segment should be listed for each subscriber that you added.
Loads and loads of subscribers
If you have a large number of subscribers that you'd like to add to a new segment, then it'd be best to re-upload these subscribers rather than manually change their settings. This is an easy and quick step!
Remember: create your new segment (Audience > Segments > Create Segments) before you re-upload your subscribers.
Click your drop-down menu and go to Audience > Import Subscribers (on the left-hand side of the page). Click the Select File button in the middle of the page or drag and drop your file into the window.
Won't this send them a new welcome email?
Nope! No need to worry - Cerkl won't even duplicate their accounts. It's simply merging their existing profile and including the new segment to their account. That's the only change!
Some guidelines on what your upload spreadsheet file should look like:
- Email is required and should always be in column 1 of the spreadsheet
- Name is not a required field
- If you include names, place them in column 2 of the spreadsheet
- If a name is not provided, Cerkl will use everything before the @ of the email for that subscriber's name
Easier than you thought, right? If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Or use the help bot in the bottom right-hand corner of any cerkl.com page for a quick answer.